Last Updated: April 26, 2023
For Government and Law Enforcement Agencies only:
As per our Terms of Service, the services of OKX.com are being provided by the following entities:
OKX Bahamas FinTech Company Limited, a Bahamas registered company ("OKX Bahamas") for Users who are residents of Mexico and who registered on or after November 16, 2022, and
OKX Hong Kong FinTech Company Limited, a Hong Kong registered company ("OKX HK"), for Users who are residents of Hong Kong and who registered on or after May 15, 2023;
Aux Cayes FinTech Co. Ltd., a Seychelles registered company (“Aux Cayes”) for all other Users eligible to access and use OKX’s Services,
Aux Cayes, OKX Bahamas and OKX HK are collectively referred to herein as “OKX”, “we” or “us”.
Please note that we will only respond to requests from authorized law enforcement officers, addressed to us. If applicable, please also reference the appropriate applicable Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty-related documents if cross-border law enforcement is involved.
2. LAW ENFORCEMENT
If you are an authorized law enforcement officer, please contact the following email address for all law enforcement requests that you would like OKX to consider: [email protected].
3. REQUIRED INFORMATION
All requests and attachments must be in English. For us to consider your request, law enforcement officers should write to us:
- Using an email address from an official government domain and attaching documentary evidence of your personal authority as a representative of your law enforcement agency to administer such request (e.g. photo of your agent badge);
- stating in the subject line the specific actions/items requested; and
attaching a signed court order and/or official letter from your law enforcement
agency that includes the following details:
- Full name of your law enforcement agency and its legal authority to make such request in conjunction with courts of competent jurisdiction, with documentary evidence attached;
- Your official contact information (email address, phone number);
A chronological overview of the alleged incident under investigation,
including material facts of the case, with reference made to the
following matters where possible:
- all relevant wallet address(es) and transaction hashes (“TXID”), starting from the first transaction the alleged victim is complaining about (please specify token type and amount for each transaction, and the relevant blockchain) (“First Transaction”), to how that transaction is traced to OKX;
- for complex cases, please state the total amount in question (in tokens and approximate value in USD), and include a breakdown for our better understanding;
- your investigation findings to date, including information on the alleged fraudster, and also the circumstances in which the alleged victim was convinced to make the First Transaction;
- relevant OKX user’s name, UUID, registered phone number and email address, identification number; and
- The actions/items requested.
All relevant wallet addresses and transaction hashes should also be provided in a word document format or a copiable .pdf format.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY REQUEST
In the event that your request requires a freeze of the relevant OKX account, we will assume that we can disclose to affected customers that such action was taken pursuant to a request from your law enforcement agency. If this is not the case, please specify the matters that cannot be disclosed in your request to us and the basis for such request (“Confidentiality Request”). We shall take into account any Confidentiality Request in deciding whether to comply with your request.
In addition to the above, please also confirm whether we can share your official contact information with affected customers, so that they can contact you directly to assist with your investigations.