MOVR

Moonriver price

MOVR
|
4.2/5
CyberScope
4.2
06/14/2024
The rating provided is an aggregated rating collected by OKX from the sources provided and is for informational purpose only. OKX does not guarantee the quality or accuracy of the ratings. It is not intended to provide (i) investment advice or recommendation; (ii) an offer or solicitation to buy, sell or hold digital assets; or (iii) financial, accounting, legal or tax advice. Digital assets, including stablecoins and NFTs, involve a high degree of risk, can fluctuate greatly, and can even become worthless. The price and performance of the digital assets are not guaranteed and may change without notice. Your digital assets are not covered by insurance against potential losses. Historical returns are not indicative of future returns. OKX does not guarantee any return, repayment of principal or interest. OKX does not provide investment or asset recommendations. You should carefully consider whether trading or holding digital assets is suitable for you in light of your financial condition. Please consult your legal/ tax/ investment professional for questions about your specific circumstances.
Show more
USD
USD
$12.7200
+1.53%
1h
24h
1W
1M
1Y
All

Moonriver price live data

The current price of Moonriver is $12.7200. Since 00:00 UTC, Moonriver has increased by +1.53%. It currently has a circulating supply of 8,985,914 MOVR and a maximum supply of 11,346,289 MOVR, giving it a fully diluted market cap of $114.15M. At present, Moonriver holds the 190 position in market cap rankings. The Moonriver/USD price is updated in real-time.

Moonriver price performance in USD

Time periodChange amount%Chg
Today$0.19200 +1.53%
7 days-$4.2000 -24.83%
30 days-$2.3330 -15.50%
3 months-$9.6860 -43.23%

Moonriver market information

24h low/high
The highest, lowest, and last prices in 24 hours
24h low$11.8990
Last price $12.7200
24h high$13.4490
Heat index ranking
175
Market cap ranking
190
Market cap
$114.15M
Favorited rate
Percentage of users who favorited this asset to all users
0.73%
All-time high
$239.99
-94.70% (-$227.27)
Dec 27, 2021 (3 years ago)
All-time low
$3.6070
+252.64% ($9.1130)
Oct 19, 2023 (8 months ago)
ICO date
08/27/2021
ICO price
The price at which this crypto was first traded
$0
Circulating supply
The amount of this crypto that is publicly available in the market
8,985,914 MOVR
Market cap at circulating supply
Market cap = Circulating supply × Last price
$144.13M

About Moonriver (MOVR)

Moonriver, the sister network of the Moonbeam network, is a decentralized smart contract platform built as a parachain on Kusama. MOVR is the name and ticker symbol of Moonriver's native token.

The Moonriver network was launched on Kusama in June 2021. Much like the way Kusama acts as a canary network to Polkadot, Moonriver acts as a fully incentivized platform for testing new projects before they are deployed on Moonbeam.

The platform mirrors Ethereum's ecosystem regarding its Web3 RPC, accounts, password systems, subscriptions, documentation, Ethereum wallets, and developer tools. As a result, any Ethereum project can be replicated and deployed on Moonriver with low gas fees and at a faster speed.

Moonriver and Moonbeam try to maintain the same level of decentralization and security as their respective relay chains, Polkadot and Kusama. Moonriver has over 900 validators on its network and is the most active DeFi ecosystem on the Kusama mainnet. In addition, Moonriver and Moonbeam also have an emerging DeFi ecosystem with DEXs, lending and borrowing protocols, automated market makers (AMMs), staking protocols, launchpad, and more.

The primary use case of Moonriver is incentivizing collators and participants who run the core decentralized node infrastructure for smart contract execution. The platform also adopted a fully decentralized governance system from the beginning, where token holders use MOVR to govern the platform by proposing updates, electing council members, and voting on proposals.

MOVR price and tokenomics

The total supply of MOVR was 10 million at launch. The maximum supply is uncapped, with an annual inflation rate of 5 percent. The token inflation pays for network functions, including incentivizing collators, paying for the parachain slot on its relay chain, and rewarding token stakers.

In August 2021, 30 percent of MOVR tokens were distributed back to participants in the MOVR parachain auction on Kusama. The remaining 70 percent was reserved for developers, community initiatives, and other essential teams.

80 percent of the fees accrued from transactions and smart contract executions on the platform are burned, which creates a temporary deflation that affects MOVR's price. The other 20 percent is transferred to the treasury for community-voted projects.

About the founders

The Moonbeam Foundation financially backs both Moonbeam and Moonriver. Derek Yoo, an alumnus of the University of Pennsylvania, is the founder and CEO of these networks. Stefan Mehlhorn, the COO of both networks, has also founded two companies, Collego and Permessa. Alan Sapede, who has prior experience at companies like Google, Fuze, and Live Minutes, handles blockchain engineering.

All three team members have worked in the same roles for Pure Stake, an IT service body that also develops and powers Moonbeam.

MOVR FAQ

Where can I buy MOVR?

Easily buy MOVR tokens on the OKX cryptocurrency platform. OKX's spot trading terminal includes the MOVR/USDT trading pair.

You can also swap your existing cryptocurrencies, including XRP (XRP), Cardano (ADA), Solana (SOL), and Chainlink (LINK), for MOVR with zero fees and no price slippage by using OKX Convert.

What is Moonriver?

Moonriver is the sister network of Moonbeam and a parachain on the Kusama network. It functions as a testnet for faster development before projects are officially deployed on Moonbeam. MOVR is the name and ticker symbol of Moonriver's native token.

How does Moonriver work?

Developers get early access to Moonriver to build their projects on their Ethereum-compatible network and test them before the final launch. The platform is decentralized and governed by MOVR token holders, who decide what direction the platform will take.

How much is Moonriver worth today?
Currently, one Moonriver is worth $12.7200. For answers and insight into Moonriver's price action, you're in the right place. Explore the latest Moonriver charts and trade responsibly with OKX.
What is cryptocurrency?
Cryptocurrencies, such as Moonriver, are digital assets that operate on a public ledger called blockchains. Learn more about coins and tokens offered on OKX and their different attributes, which includes live prices and real-time charts.
When was cryptocurrency invented?
Thanks to the 2008 financial crisis, interest in decentralized finance boomed. Bitcoin offered a novel solution by being a secure digital asset on a decentralized network. Since then, many other tokens such as Moonriver have been created as well.
MOVR calculator
USDUSD
MOVRMOVR
1 MOVR ≈ $12.7200
Trade
MOVR/USDT
Spot
MOVR/USDT
Margin
MOVRUSDT Perpetual
Perpetual futures
MOVR Bot Marketplace
More
MOVR-USDT
Copy bot
Spot grid
0
0.88%
PnL%