Moonriver priceMOVR

Quote currency

MOVR price live data

The current price of Moonriver is --, with a 24-hour trading volume of --. In the last 24 hours, the price of Moonriver decreased by 4.08%. With a circulating supply of 2,814,544 MOVR and a maximum supply of 10,817,012 MOVR, Moonriver's fully diluted market cap stands at --. Currently, Moonriver ranks No.184 by market cap. The MOVR to price is updated in real-time.

Moonriver market information

24h low/high
24h low--
Last price --
24h high--
Heat index ranking
Market cap ranking
Market cap
Favoriting rate
All-time high
All-time low
Initial launch date
Initial launch price
Circulating supply
2,814,544 MOVR
Market cap at circulating supply

About Moonriver (MOVR)

Moonriver, the sister network of the Moonbeam network, is a decentralized smart contract platform built as a parachain on Kusama. MOVR is the name and ticker symbol of Moonriver's native token.

The Moonriver network was launched on Kusama in June 2021. Much like the way Kusama acts as a canary network to Polkadot, Moonriver acts as a fully incentivized platform for testing new projects before they are deployed on Moonbeam.

The platform mirrors Ethereum's ecosystem regarding its Web3 RPC, accounts, password systems, subscriptions, documentation, and Ethereum soft wallets and developer tools. As a result, any Ethereum project can be replicated and deployed on Moonriver, with low gas fees and at a faster speed.

Moonriver and Moonbeam try to maintain the same level of decentralization and security as their respective relay chains, Polkadot and Kusama. Currently, Moonriver has over 900 validators on their network and is the most active DeFi ecosystem on the Kusama mainnet. In addition, Moonriver and Moonbeam also have an emerging DeFi ecosystem with DEXes, lending and borrowing protocols, automated market makers (AMMs), staking protocols, launchpads and more.

The primary use case of Moonriver is incentivizing collators and participants who run the core decentralized node infrastructure for smart contract execution. The platform also adopted a fully decentralized governance system from the beginning, where token holders use MOVR to govern the platform by proposing updates, electing council members and voting on proposals.

MOVR price and tokenomics

The total supply of MOVR was 10 million at launch. The maximum supply is uncapped and there will be an annual inflation rate of 5%. The token inflation pays for network functions, including incentivizing collators, paying for the parachain slot on its relay chain and rewarding token stakers.

In August 2021, 30% of MOVR tokens were distributed back to participants in the MOVR parachain auction on KSM. The remaining 70% was reserved for developers, community initiatives and other essential teams.

80% of the fees accrued from transactions and smart contract executions on the platform are burned, which creates a temporary deflation that affects MOVR's price. The other 20% is transferred to the treasury to be spent on community-voted projects.

About the founders

The Moonbeam Foundation financially backs both Moonbeam and Moonriver.

Derek Yoo, an alumnus of the University of Pennsylvania, is the founder and CEO of these networks. Stefan Mehlhorn, the COO of both networks, has also founded two companies, Collego and Permessa. Alan Sapede, who has prior experience at companies like Google, Fuze and Live Minutes, handles blockchain engineering.

All three team members have worked in the same roles for Pure Stake, an IT service body that also develops and powers Moonbeam.

Learn more about Moonriver (MOVR)

Social media

Moonriver FAQ

What is MOVR?
Moonriver is the sister network of Moonbeam and a parachain on the Kusama network. It functions as a testnet for faster development before projects are officially deployed on Moonbeam. MOVR is the name and ticker symbol of Moonriver's native token.
How does MOVR work?
Developers get early access to Moonriver to build their projects on their Ethereum-compatible network and test them before the final launch. The platform is decentralized and governed by MOVR token holders, who decide what direction the platform will take.
Where can I buy MOVR?

You can buy MOVR from OKX exchange. OKX offers the MOVR/USDT trading pair.

Before you begin trading with OKX, you need to create an account. Then, to trade MOVR/USDT, click "Basic trading" under "Trade" on the top navigation bar.

If you do not have USDT, you may buy USDT with your preferred fiat before swapping it for MOVR in the trading terminal.