To improve market liquidity and index stability, OKX will adjust the components of several indexes at 6:00am – 8:00 am (UTC) on May 29, 2023.
Component adjustment details are as follows:
Learn more: OKX Index
Index Price Computation
- The latest price and volume of each index constituent is retrieved from selected exchanges in real time.
- If the relevant exchange is under maintenance, or if any constituent price/volume has no update for a certain time (vary from currency), the constituent data will be temporarily treated as invalid and excluded from index calculation.
- If the exchange trading pair in the index sample is inconsistent with that of the index, it shall be converted into the corresponding price of the same currency based on BTC/USDT, BTC/USD, USDC/USD, USDT/USD, etc. For example, if a component of the ETH/USD index is ETH/USDT, multiply the component by the price of the USDT/USD index to convert it into the price of the ETH/USD index.
- Final calculation depends on the number of exchanges with valid data. More details:
· More than 3 exchanges with valid data: apply equally-weighted price average (however, if the price of any exchange deviates more than 3% from the median price of all exchanges, the exchange's price will be bounded within median price * 0.97 and median price * 1.03).
· Only 2 exchanges with valid data: apply equally-weighted price average.
· Only 1 exchange with valid data: its last traded price will be used as the index price directly.
Component adjustments can cause an index’s mark price to fluctuate, affecting the corresponding instrument’s margin and contract trading markets.
Users are advised to take necessary measures before an adjustment, such as reducing positions, adding margin, lowering leverage or even closing positions to avoid potential risks introduced by market volatility.
Risk warning: The foregoing overview and information, some of which may be provided by third parties and not OKX, are for informational and educational purposes only. OKX does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein and such information does not constitute any representation, warranty nor any financial, investment or other form of advice by OKX. Such information may not be suitable for all persons; it should not be relied upon in connection with a particular investor's trading; and, is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an offer, recommendation or solicitation. Such information is also not intended for persons who reside in jurisdictions where providing such information would violate the laws or regulations of such jurisdiction. Digital assets are highly speculative and subject to high volatility, may become iliquid at any time, and that investors may lose the entire value of their investment. Before trading any digital asset, you should do your own research and evaluate your risk appetite. OKX is not responsible for any losses which you may incur from trading digital assets. Please refer to Terms of Service and Risk & Compliance Disclosure for more information.
For any inquiries regarding this adjustment, please feel free to contact us via the OKX Telegram group or the Support Center.
May 25, 2023