Introduction to X1
Welcome to the X1 documentation.
X1 is a decentralized Ethereum Layer 2 network that offers a secure and user-friendly blockchain experience to all users, using advanced cryptographic zero-knowledge proofs to provide validity and near-instant finality to off-chain transaction computations.
The concept of zkEVM can be broken down into two parts:
- zk (zero-knowledge): Zero-knowledge proof technology can prove the validity of a batch of transactions through succinct proofs, ensuring computational trustworthiness and enabling scalability.
- EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine): This is the smart contract execution environment within the Ethereum ecosystem. It empowers Ethereum to execute smart contracts and function as a worldwide computing network, distinguishing it from Bitcoin, which primarily operates as a digital currency and is often likened to a basic calculator. Additionally, EVM gives rise to the different types of zkEVMs, each implementing zero-knowledge proof technology to enhance Ethereum's capabilities.
Benefits of X1
X1 is built on zkEVM validium, which offers scalability and flexibility in data availability (DA).
- Lower fees: X1 does not consume expensive gas (i.e., DA to store transaction data off-chain).
- ZKP-powered scalability: X1 is not bounded by the amount of transaction data that can be published to Ethereum with ZK-validity proofs.
- Ethereum security: X1 natively inherits the security of Ethereum, securing user funds from malicious operators.
- Unified liquidity: X1 ensures fluid asset transfers across different CDK-developed chains within Polygon 2.0's L2 ecosystem, building a vibrant, efficient, and interconnected digital economy.
- Near-instant finality: X1 utilizes cryptographic security to ensure the integrity of transactions, achieving near-instant finality and robust security.
- Powered by OKX: X1 provides seamless OKX product integrations, an all-in-one Web3 gateway, and access to 50M users in the OKX ecosystem.
- Portal to Web3: Enter the world of Web3 via OKX Wallet, built with compact infrastructure modules to create innovative DApps.
OKB is the native token of X1, as well as the cryptocurrency that powers the OKX ecosystem.
You can trade OKB like any other cryptocurrency, and can also use OKB in a wide range of applications and use cases. OKB is an ERC-20 token on the Ethereum network and can be bridged to X1 at a 1:1 ratio.
How to buy OKB token
In order to interact with the X1 network, you will need to have some OKB tokens in your wallet to pay for fees on X1.
- OKB testnet token can be received through testnet faucet for usage on testnet
- Buy OKB from OKX, and transfer via X1 to your wallets (available after mainnet launch)