Receiving crypto via blockchain networks requires confirmation, and sometimes your crypto may arrive late. You can check the transaction status by tapping on Transaction ID via the transaction details page on Blockchain Explorer.
If you don't receive your crypto, it may be caused by the following cases:
- You send crypto to the wrong network. For example, you send your ERC20 assets to the Aptos network, and it may not be possible to get your funds back.
- You send crypto to the wrong address. Once the transfer is successful, it can't be canceled or revoked due to the characteristics of the blockchain. It may not be possible to get your funds back.
- If your deposit amount doesn't reach the minimum amount, the crypto won't arrive. So, it's important to double check your deposit amount.
- If your deposit is unconfirmed on the blockchain, you can contact the platform for support.
- If your deposit is confirmed on the blockchain, you can contact us with your deposit information for help.
- Crypto type
- Deposit amount
- Transaction ID (TXID) or Hash ID