The Open Network priceTON

Quote currency

TON price live data

The current price of The Open Network is --, with a 24-hour trading volume of --. In the last 24 hours, the price of The Open Network decreased by 3.32%. With a circulating supply of 1,221,401,181 TON, The Open Network's fully diluted market cap stands at --. Currently, The Open Network ranks No.23 by market cap. The TON to price is updated in real-time.

The Open Network market information

24h low/high
24h low--
Last price --
24h high--
Heat index ranking
Market cap ranking
Market cap
Favoriting rate
All-time high
All-time low
Initial launch date
Initial launch price
Circulating supply
1,221,401,181 TON
Market cap at circulating supply

About The Open Network (TON)

The Open Network (TON) is a scalable multi-blockchain network that can process millions of transactions per second. TONCOIN is the name and ticker symbol of The Open Network's native utility and governance token.

Existing blockchains lack scalability and user-friendly interfaces. Moreover, blockchains cannot communicate with each other directly. The Open Network aims to solve all these problems using its multi-blockchain architecture.

TON blockchain is a collection of blockchains that consists of a masterchain, up to 232 workchains and up to 260 shardchains. TON's masterchain is the principal blockchain with all the information about the protocol and the current parameters. On the other hand, workchains are blockchains that handle smart contract transactions. These workchains are further subdivided into shards.

Through these shards, TON transfers messages instantly between any two blockchains, regardless of the network size, achieving massive scalability at speed. Furthermore, to combat security issues and maintain decentralization, TON uses proof-of-stake consensus and allows validators to add new blocks on top of any invalidated block to avoid unnecessary forks.

The TON ecosystem consists of blockchain products such as decentralized storage, a blockchain naming system, a micropayments platform and other decentralized services. TONCOIN has several use cases in this ecosystem, such as earning validator and liquidity farming rewards, voting for protocol proposals and paying for TON products.

TONCOIN price and tokenomics

TONCOIN has a total supply of 5 billion. Of the total supply, 1.45% was distributed between testers and developers. The remaining 98.55% was transferred to proof-of-work Giver smart contracts.

New TONCOIN units are generated during block validation. As a result, TON is inflationary, impacting the TONCOIN price in the long run. The annual inflation rate is 0.6%, calculated according to payments made by the TON community to the validators.

TONCOIN charts have shown steady growth since November 2021 as TON started releasing its products.

About the founders

The Open Network (TON) was initially launched as Telegram Open Network by Telegram founders Pavel and Nikolai Durov in 2019. Unfortunately, the founders had to close Telegram Open Network due to regulatory pressure from the SEC, a U.S. regulatory body.

Independent developers Anatoliy Makosov and Kirill Emelyanenko created The Open Network after Telegram stepped away from the project.

The decentralized community now consists of over 40 independent developers who work on the project as a part of The Open Network (TON) Foundation, a not-for-profit community funded by donations.

The project is currently independent of Telegram. The Telegram team has transferred the domain and the Github repository to TON's blockchain developers. On top of that, Telegram founder Pavel Durov endorsed The Open Network in his official Telegram post, dated December 23, 2021.

Learn more about The Open Network (TON)

Social media

The Open Network FAQ

What is TONCOIN?
The Open Network is a multi-blockchain network that can process millions of transactions per second. TON has a range of blockchain services, including decentralized storage, a blockchain naming system, a network anonymizer and a micropayments platform. TONCOIN is the name and ticker symbol of The Open Network's native utility and governance token.
How does TONCOIN work?

The Open Network has a multi-blockchain architecture consisting of a masterchain and up to 232 workchains. These workchains are further subdivided into up to 260 shards.

The TON blockchain uses proof-of-stake consensus for generating new blocks. On the other hand, TONCOIN units are mined using proof-of-work mining.

Where can I buy TONCOIN?

You can buy TONCOIN from OKX exchange. OKX offers the TON/USDT and TON/USDC trading pairs.

Before you begin trading with OKX, you need to create an account. Then, to trade TON/USDT or TON/USDC, click "Basic trading" under "Trade" on the top navigation bar.

If you do not have USDT or USDC, you may buy USDT or USDC with your preferred fiat before swapping it for TON in the trading terminal.